As promised, the aran chair cover in all its glory:
I’m so relieved to have finished this as it has been a WIP since last January and I was really sick of the sight of it. I think it was worth the slog though.
Before we took the Christmas decorations down, I had to take a snap of Fat Fairy
She has been a fixture on our tree for the past ten years and every time I suggest that we get something a little more glamorous or less home-spun, I am shouted down vehemently. She was knitted from a Jean Greenhowe pattern in some cheapy acrylic and is actually quite heavy – the top of the tree tends to droop as soon as she takes up residence so some tricky manoeuvring is required.
We had a lovely Christmas with my parents in Leicester – no snow on the day, but we did get enough on Tuesday for the girls to have a snowball fight in the garden; there is video evidence of this fight and the teeny weeny snowman made by Bethany:
Aaaaaawwww! how sweet!
My knitting resolutions for 2006 are:
- to try and have no more than 3 WIPs at a time
- to try more multi-colour knitting (intarsia or fair-isle, I’m not bothered which)
- to knit something for OH and possibly my brother, who has not had anything hand-knitted for him since he was about 10
- to be more adventurous by either designing my own patterns from scratch or adapting ready-made patterns
- to knit something really fabulous that will become a family heirloom (any suggestions?)
That’s enough for now, Happy New Year.