The secret is this:
Sorry about the poor quality photo, I forgot to use the zoom thingy on the camera. Anyway, this is a small part of the secret project which will be revealed in all its glory in due course (i.e. when the recipient has tried it on and pronounced themselves satisfied……..or not, as the case may be).
Well now, that could refer to the yarn I bought today – not actually a lie, more of an omission, but too good a bargain to pass over and probably best not mentioned to OH;
Or it could be the lies I tell myself about completing one project before starting another – current WIPs are:
- Jaywalkers – one sock about two-thirds done
- Sunrise circle jacket – first sleeve/front about three-quarters done
- recently re-discovered short-sleeve cotton top that was started about a year ago and has just been found languishing in the window seat amongst the stash, minus its pattern; cue large-scale search through mountains of knitting magazines and books until said pattern re-appeared
- Crochet lacy cardi from “The Happy Hooker” (Oops! forgot to mention I’d acquired that – another little
- an Elvis wig, also started over a year ago and also found in the window seat. I have absolutely no idea why I thought this would be a good thing to knit, or where the pattern is
- a Sailmaker top which has been halted for about 4 months because the chart is too damn small to read comfortably
There are one or two other bits and pieces lying around in addition to those above, mostly little try-outs that may or may not evolve into a bona-fide knitted garment, as well as several items in the planning stages (yarn bought, pattern selected, waiting for the green light).
Of course, I have proved to be so unreliable that you really have no idea whether any of the things I have written are actually true or not – you’ll just have to wait and see whether any of the UFOs finally materialise. We are going to my parents’ this week-end, so there may (perhaps) be a finished object in the not-too-distant future – then again, I might be lying.