Progress on the shrug I am knitting for Lucy is very slow because I am finding it quite heavy going; I don’t know why this is as it is a lacy pattern, (interesting to knit) knitted in the round, (plenty of dexterity needed to keep those 5 pointy sticks under control) and the design is being made up as I go along (lots of concentration needed) so there is plenty to hold my interest but it just seems to be taking forever and I felt I needed a quick fix.
This is “Unbiased” from Knitty (smaller than in the original pattern and with a few short rows at the top of each section to reduce the depth of the V in the middle, and lined) knitted with the recycled silk sari yarn from my Secret Summer Santa.
I made the bag smaller because I didn’t think I would have quite enough yarn to make a full-size one, but my worries were unfounded as there is still one whole skein plus a bit more left. I think that will make a circular cushion cover for the window seat as I love the colours so much, I want them to be where I can see them all the time. I have yet to find a project worthy of the other beautiful silk yarn that Claire also sent – any suggestions happily accepted.
I also made another bag about three weeks ago – I needed a new bag to carry my work paraphernalia around in as the old one died. I have a large black folder with all the papers, plus I need room for a water bottle, sandwich box and knitting. I hadn’t been able to find anything suitable to buy, so, inspired by Sheepish Annie and her tote-making frenzy I got busy with the sewing machine and some inkjet-printable fabric and made this
It has so far proved to be suitable for purpose and managed to convey large amounts of stuff around the country during our recent travels.
We’re off to a barbecue this afternoon so as it’s typical Bank Holiday weather I need to go and find my wellies, waterproof jacket, scarf and gloves!!